[Qgis-user] Problem using Grass 7 functions in Processing Toolbox

mtreg mtreglia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:24:27 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I was trying to access some GRASS 7 functions through the Processing toolbox
in QGIS 2.4 (32 bit), but none work (see error message below).  The other
packages I've tied in the Processing toolbox seem to work fine. My machine
is running Win7 64 bit. I've gotten this with versions installed from both
OSGEO4W and the basic QGIS installer.  I've tried suggestions recommended in
this bug report thread with no success: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10714

Any suggestions or useful interpretations in of the error message?

Thanks!
Mike

Here is the entirety of the error message that pops up:

An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\gui\ProcessingToolbox.py",
line 181, in executeAlgorithm
    message = alg.checkBeforeOpeningParametersDialog()
  File
"C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\algs\grass7\Grass7Algorithm.py",
line 511, in checkBeforeOpeningParametersDialog
    msg = Grass7Utils.checkGrass7IsInstalled()
  File
"C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\algs\grass7\Grass7Utils.py",
line 361, in checkGrass7IsInstalled
    cmdpath = os.path.join(path, 'bin', 'r.out.gdal.exe')
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ntpath.py", line 96, in join
    assert len(path) > 0
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Python version:
2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

QGIS version:
2.4.0-Chugiak Chugiak, 8fdd08a