[Qgis-user] qgis-web-client and updating existing project files

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Sat Jul 5 13:43:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am wondering, whether there is an elegant way of configuring the
qgis-web-client in a way that it is refreshing (or regenerating) the
images of a project file on /every/ attempt displaying the corresponding
project file. This would make testing or experimenting with the desktop
and web application much much easier. I have already been asking this
question at [1] but got the answer that I shall try restarting Apache2.
In fact, this works (I can see the changes I made to a file after an
update) but, in my opinion, this is not an
elegant solution.

     1: http://gis.stackexchange.com/q/78423/19375

I have also already asked at the IRC channel but haven't had any luck. I
also did a web search but neither found a solution. I also had a look at
the documentation of mod_fcgid at [2] but did not find anything
promising unfortunately. My understanding of Apache2 (and mod_fcgid) is
also quite limited.

     2: http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

Can anybody think of a setting in the configuration of Apache2 (or
qgis-web-client) that changes the behaviour of 'caching' or 'buffering'
(if it is called that way) to not 'cache' or 'buffer' anything at all?

Maybe it is worth mentioning that our Server is running NGINX primarily.
So I configured a proxy that is forwarding everything to the Apache2
server listening at 8008. (I am also wondering whether NGINX is caching
something and I need to change anything there but since it is configured
acting as a proxy I would suggest that it's not NGINX caching anything
at all. Since restarting Apache2 leads to refreshing of the generated
images I am quite sure that it's Apache2 and not NGINX buffering anything.)

Any help is very much appreciated.

All the best,

--
Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff