[Qgis-user] QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Jul 9 11:37:39 PDT 2014

Hi Ivan,

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Ivan Minčík <ivan.mincik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> is anybody using QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd and FastCGI ? Is QGIS
> projects update working without Lighttpd restart ?
>
> Can somebody share Lighttpd config ?

The labeling unit tests use qgis_local_server.py [0] to auto-launch and
control a lighttpd/spawn-fcgi configuration [1] of independent processes.
You can see the parameters passed to the start/stop/restart shell scripts
here [2], for Debian and Mac (sorry no Windows yet, but please contribute
one if you can).

Note: this is a local-only setup, merely to save PNGs of server output to
compare against control images and other rasterized output. It is by no
means secure, or robust; but, it is a working setup from which you can
start. Also, it uses very minimal resources.

Good luck, and please contribute any working configs you come up with for a
production setup, so they can be included in the Server Tutorial.

I am planning on adding a lighttpd/spawn-fgi and Nginx/(spawn-fgi or uWSGI)
setup configs section for the Server Tutorial, just not sure when.

[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/tests/src/python/qgis_local_server.py
[1]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/tests/testdata/qgis_local_server