[Qgis-user] Cannot convert float infinity to integer

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:38:38 PDT 2014

Hello QGIS users and developers:

I'm working with some raster tiles from Worldclim (precipitation)

Each tile has cells with some null values (Metadata says: -3.4 e+38; Float
32 bits).

I've summed 12 tiles (months) to get year precipitation. All fine, but now,
null values get "-infinite" values, and it starts an issue that I haven't
in 1.8 version:

I've imported my yearly precipitacion into GRASS pluggin,  but r.sum or
r.report of a masked area that has some "-inf" values gets "-inf" as result
when I tried to do some statistics.

I've tried r.null.to to convert "-inf" to zero, but GRASS can't work with
"-inf" values.. so, please, Can someone tell me how convert "-inf" values
into null or zero? (QGIS or GRASS)... or, it it's the case, developers
please keep null values as result of arithmetic operation whit null values.

Regards

Carlos Cerdán