[Qgis-user] GIS Data for Brazil

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:56:49 PDT 2014

Joseph,

You can look at the IBGE website which has a FTP server with that data. (
ftp://geoftp.ibge.gov.br/). Demographics can be found in IBGEs website too,
but it's a complex tool, called SIDRA, which can cross data and generate
reports and export all of that in CSV form (http://www.sidra.ibge.gov.br/).

Take you time. The data is there, it's just a bit hard to find.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Joseph Sloop <jbsloop at uncg.edu> wrote:

> I am working on a project studying the furniture industry in Brazil (more
> specifically in the State of Santa Catarina) and I am trying to find some
> shapefiles to use in QGIS.
>
>    - Brazilian States
>    - Political jurisdictions (Counties/Municipalities) within each state
>    - Demographic data associated with states and municipalities
>    - Land-cover (Forest vs. Urban)
>
> Any and all data would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for
> any and all help!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
> ​​
>
> Joseph Sloop
>
> PhD Candidate
>
> University of North Carolina at Greensboro
>
> Department of Geography
>
> jbsloop at uncg.edu

George R. C. Silva
SIGMA Consultoria