[Qgis-user] 2.4 super slow compared to 1.8

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 17 04:28:53 PDT 2014

Hi Brett,

Are you panning or zooming around a bit?

It could be the new rendering bits, and particularly multi-treaded rendering takes a bit of getting used to.
This lets QGIS do the rendering separately from everything else. So instead of having to sit around waiting for it to finish redawing the screen, yau can keep doing other things at the same time.

To me it looks like the canvas suddenly goes blank, or blinks and I have a nasty habit of waiting anyway - even though I know I don't need to.

You can turn it off in the Rendering tab under Opitions if it gets too much.

-ramon.