[Qgis-user] I cannot install GRASS when installing QGIS 2.4 trough OSGeo4W installer in windows 8.1

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 21:52:55 PDT 2014

Manuel,

Is it giving you any specific error? Or just not run? Or is it freezing up
QGIS?

One thing to try is to make sure it is looking to the appropriate folder
for GRASS - especially if you changed versions of QGIS and GRASS in your
latest OSGEO4W update. To do that:
1) Go to the Processing Menu (via the Menu Bar at top)
2) Go to "Options and Configuration"
3) Expand the section for "Providers"
4) Expand the section for "GRASS Commands"
5) Check that locations for the "GRASS Folder" and "Msys folder" are correct
6) Click "OK"

If that's not it, I'm not sure off-hand - we'll need more details to
trouble-shoot.
hope that helps
mike