[Qgis-user] Marker Symbol

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 24 04:13:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

Yes - you can use any attribute of a feature as the source of a label.
If your data is in a point layer that is possible.

There are also background shapes (rectangles, circles, SVG, etc.) available.

So yes - it is totally feasible to do what you want. Just have a look at
the many labeling options.

You can't label individual vertices of a line feature, though. In this
case you would have to create a derive point feature layer first.

Hope this helps,
Andreas