[Qgis-user] Transparency in ellipse marker symbol layer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 24 04:36:50 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have no idea what was possible with version 1.8. You are right, in a
newer QGIS release this is certainly possible. Why can't you upgrade or
do the project on a laptop of your own?

If you can't make it to work with the ellipse marker you may try using
an SVG marker. You can create the SVG either by hand in a text editor or
with Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. In SVG anything can be partially or
fully transparent.

Good luck,
Andreas