[Qgis-user] HELP with tables imported from MySQL DB

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Wed Jun 11 05:37:00 PDT 2014

Hi Walter,
  MySQL has very weak Spatial capabilities. And the comment on the answer
of this question -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14139462/mysql-connection-in-qgis -
suggests that support within QGIS diminished in 2.0.

It may be worth converting your data to a different format. If you want a
database, either PostGIS or SpatiaLite would be good picks with excellent
spatial capabilities, both well supported by QGIS too.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On 9 June 2014 16:44, Walter Zupa <zupa at coispa.it> wrote:

>  I have a MySQL DB in which tables there are fishery data linked to a
> grid previously generated.
> The aim, for me, is to use updated data, stored in mysql db, geo-referring
> them to the codes of the cells of a given grid.
> Importing in Qgis the tables as vectors, directly from the mySQL DB, I
> obtain tables. On this tables, I can't understand why, I'm not able to
> apply the query, using the filter tool.
>
> The filter doesn't work also when I join the given grid to the table data,
> using the cells codes.
>
> Giving an example, the filter used on the species column, recognized all
> the different factors in the field but the result of the the query is
> empty: Zero rows are selected.
> How can I successfully use MySQL table as data souce in QGIS?
>
> I tried also to use the XY tool in order to transform the table in a
> shapefile, but also this solution seems not to work.
>
> Could someone help me??
>
> Walter
> --
>  *Walter Zupa*
>
> Rispetta l'ambiente: se non è necessario, non stampare questo documento o usa carta da riciclo.
> Per risparmiare toner delle stampanti vi consigliamo l'utilizzo dell' ECO FONT
> che risparmia il 30% di inchiostro. L' ECO-FONT è scaricabile gratuitamente dal sito www.ecofont.eu
>
> *Avviso di riservatezza*
>
> *Questo messaggio e-mail è ad uso esclusivo di colui al quale è
> indirizzato, e potrebbe contenere informazioni riservate. Se aveste
> ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, ci scusiamo per l'accaduto e Vi
> invitiamo cortesemente a darcene notizia e a distruggere il messaggio
> ricevuto. Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione,l'utilizzo e/o la conservazione
> dei dati ricevuti per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del
> Decreto legislativo n. 196/2003 denominato "Codice in materia di protezione
> dei dati personali".*
>

> *The information in this email is intended only for the person(s) or
> entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately and destroy it. We remember you that the diffusion, the
> use and or the maintenance of the data received for error may constitute
> violations to the dispositions of the legislative Decree n. 196/2003
> denominated "Code in subject of protection of personal data".*

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify
the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including
without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or
monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.