[Qgis-user] TAB file export

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Jun 12 01:15:29 PDT 2014

Hi Brett,
If you can create MID/MIF, just open the mid file in a text editor and
check that the number of lines is the same as the number of features in
your shapefile.
If yes, then you should have all your elements.
Then simply convert the MID/MIF to TAB

It's a 2-step solution, but it should get the job done.

On the other post regarding the changing EPSG code, check the beginning
of your MIF file to see if it is "wrong" there already (MIF is also a
text file)
If so, it may be BUG-reporting time.

I am assuming that your shapefile has a PRJ file, or in QGIS you have
set the correct projection/CRS

HTH,
Zoltan

On 2014/06/12 03:03, Brett Adams wrote:
> Zoltan,
>
> I'm running the ogr2ogr using ogr2gui.  Is that cheating?  I get in trouble
> with command line stuff.
> I can export a mid/mif, works perfectly every time.  It's just not what the
> client wants.  I've attached a sample SHP file. It was created by importing
> a CSV file then exporting as a SHP file.
>
> Donovan,
>
> I ran  : Vector > Geometry Tools > Check Geometry Validity     but came up
> with no errors.
>
> Couldn't find the "Topology Checker" plugin.  Is that a version 2 feature?
>

> Thanks your feedback.  I appreciate the effort.
>
> Brett

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za