[Qgis-user] GIS.lab Web 0.4 demo

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 06:28:55 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrea,
> I haven't tested it, I've just given a loook to the web app code (which is
> a Django application). It seems quite generic to be adapted to other WMS
> infrastructures, but I would let Ivan confirm it or not.
> What I was saying is that it's totally different from QGIS Web Client. The
> same technologies, but the web client implementation doesn't share anything
> with QWC. Right Ivan?

Yes, it is Django app, which can be easily adapted to other backend. We
export required informations from QGIS project to some metadata file (by
GIS.lab Web plugin ) and send them together with QGIS project file to
GIS.lab Web. If one can produce the same metadata file, GIS.lab Web will
start app.

We use similar technologies as QWC, but it is other project.

--
Ivan Minčík
ivan.mincik at gmail.com  GPG: 0x79529A1E