[Qgis-user] QGIS-Merge or creat virtual raster files without losing definition?

Michael Bracken mickbracken at me.com
Tue Jun 17 05:32:38 PDT 2014

I am new to QGIS and relatively new to GIS (so please be aware I am not that familiar with jargon).

I am trying to merge several tiff files as either a virtual raster or a simple merge. Whichever way I try the resulting display appears to lose definition (even just a couple of the files).

I have tried to set the options to no compression (merge rasters), and resolution set at highest for creating virtual raster, but street names and place names still become too  pixillated to read properly.

This does not happen if I load all the files I wish to merge individually, but obviously I would rather work with the merged or virtual files.

I am using QGIS 2.2.0 on a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Mac, OSX 10.9.3.

Would appreciate some help, please.

Mick