[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.2 Postgis 2.1.2

Augusto Sisa augusto.sisa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:20:38 PDT 2014

Hello,

Since some months ago I have been working with QGIS 1.8, PostgreSQL 9.1,
PostGIS 2.0 on Windows 7, without bigger problems of connection with local
databases.

Recently I decided to install a new system with this features:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
QGIS 2.2.0 Valmiera
PostgreSQL 9.3.4
POSTGIS="2.1.2 r12389"
GEOS="3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921"
GDAL="GDAL 1.10.1, released 2013/08/26"

Each package works very good independently, but when I try to make a
connection from QGIS to Postgis I get this error:

could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server
running locally and accepting connections on Unix doman socket
"/var/run/posgressql/s.PGSQL.5432"

Of course when I try to see the tables in the database with psql or
pgadmin3 everything is fine and working, so the problem is no with service.
I checked the port, user and password too, and everything is fine.

On the other hand, I have a similar issue when I try to add some tables to
a database from a geojson file. If I use ogr2ogr directly it doesn't work,
and i get an error similar to the other with qgis. However with this
problem I have an alternative, that is to convert the geojson file to ESRI
shape with ogr2ogr,  and then insert the shp in the database with
shp2pgsql. It works fine for me, but with qgis I don't have any alternative.

I'm worried if there are compatibility problems with the versions of QGIS
and Postgres/Postgis that I'm using.

Thanks for your help

--
Augusto Sisa Camargo