[Qgis-user] Donations, bugfix, release

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Thu Jun 26 03:30:08 PDT 2014

Hi Paolo,
A minor but important quibble at an easy oversight.

with over 83% of all reported bugs now fixed, and 60% of feature requests
> fulfilled.

I believe that's 83% of reported bugs *closed*. and 60% of feature tickets
*closed*. This is not the same thing as fixed/fulfilled.

Unfortunately not all closed tickets have a "Resolution". Of the 5518
closed bugs, only 1894 have a Resolution specified. Of those the breakdown
is:

> fixed - 243
> invalid - 568
> wont fix - 156
> duplicate - 479
> worksforme - 419
> up/downstream - 29

Extrapolating the "Fixed" up to account for the missing resolutions, that's
~707. Assuming 50% of the remaining 1097 bugs are actual bugs (seems
reasonable given the recent cleanup of the tracker), that gives us ~550
current bugs, and thus a fix rate of about 56%. (not that my maths is
usually correct).

But I agree, it's good to see tickets getting fixed and the tracker being
cleaned up!
So thanks to everyone who's participated in all this work towards 2.4.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On 25 June 2014 17:19, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I wish to thank all the donors and sponsors, as their support allowed us
> to have a
> couple of key developers working full time on bugfixing for some time.
> This has proved a huge success:
>
> * the most serious bugs (called blockers) are almost gone (down from about
> 70 open
> before and during the bugfixing period)
> * the total number of tickets is the lowest since a very long time, in
> spite of the
> much higher number of functions available, with over 83% of all reported
> bugs now
> fixed, and 60% of feature requests fulfilled.
>
> This will allow us to publish a far better version than it would have been
> possible
> without your help.
> Keep on supporting us, to make it possible to have a sustained bugfixing
> over even
> more extensive periods.
>
> Stats lovers can have a look here:
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues/report
>
> Please help us spreading this news through social networks etc.
>
> Thank you, and Happy QGISsing.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify
the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including
without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or
monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.