[Qgis-user] PostGIS views

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Thu Mar 6 05:20:00 PST 2014

D'oh, I hate it when that happens. I didn't see the PostGIS error tab
in the message log. And there QGIS complains about osm_id being not
unique. I altered my view like seen below to create a unique ID:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW buildings AS
 SELECT row_number() OVER () AS id,
    planet_osm_polygon.name,
    planet_osm_polygon.way
   FROM planet_osm_polygon
  WHERE planet_osm_polygon.tags ? 'building'::text;

Frank

Am 2014-03-06 13:59, schrieb Frank Broniewski:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a problem adding a PostGIS view to my QGIS project. I have a
> osm2pgsql database and a view which selects all the buildings from
> the planet_osm_polygon table.
>
> The first thing I notice is that there are two entries for the
> buildings view, one with a Polygon spatial type, and one where I
> have to select the spatial type. OK, the same is true for the
> planet_osm_polygon table, so I think this is OK.
>
> Now I mark the Polygon-building view and click on the Add button
> and I get an error with the db credentials and the below message:
> ... is an invalid layer and cannot be loaded. Please check the
> message log for details. So here's the output from that - not that
> there is more insight to be gained ;-) : dbname='lux' host=XYZ
> port=5432 user='XYZ' password='YZX' key='osm_id' srid=3857
> type=POLYGON table="public"."buildings" (way) sql= is an invalid
> layer - not loaded
>
> Adding a view from the planet_osm_point works though. And also if
> I add the planet_osm_polygon table with a corresponding filter set.
> Any ideas what could be wrong with the view?
>
> Software versions are: QGIS 2.2 PostGIS 2.1 PostgreSQL 9.3 Ubuntu
> 12.04 (Ubuntugis-unstable PPA)
>
> View def: CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW buildings AS SELECT
> planet_osm_polygon.osm_id, planet_osm_polygon.name,
> planet_osm_polygon.way FROM planet_osm_polygon WHERE
> planet_osm_polygon.tags ? 'building'::text;

- --
Frank BRONIEWSKI

METRICO s.à r.l.
géomètres