[Qgis-user] Can't get qGIS server running under Windows 8.1

Leandro Sastre Salim leandrosastre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 04:28:40 PST 2014

Hi All,

I've been trying to set up a qGIS web server following these instructions:

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial#Windows

Instalation of Apache Webserver and QGIS Server worked smoothly using
OsGeo4W-Installer,
and afer following the configuration steps described in the guide linked
above I can successfully see that apache is running in

 http://localhost/

There is currently 1 osgeo4w application installed.
> PHP 5.2.5:
> phpinfo <http://localhost/phpinfo.php>

However, when I try to load a project, or even test the capabilities of the
server I get an error. Executing the file in command line returned the
following:

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\bin>qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe
> Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
> environment variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
> environment variable.
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
> ">
>  <ServiceException code="OperationNotSupported">Please check the value of
> the RE
> QUEST parameter</ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>

Not sure what to do now, I've searched online and in the mailing list and
couldn't find the answer.

I'm running QGIS 2.2.0.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards.