[Qgis-user] New 2.4 features available?

rdmailings at duif.net rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 17 13:24:08 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 04:06:17PM -0400, Chrest, David wrote:
> I was just curious if there was a list of some sort or any details about
> new features coming, planned, or at least desired for the 2.4 release?

Hi David,

it's always a tricky question what will be in the next release of an open source project :-)

there are always a lot of great 'plans' and 'ideas', but not all come to bloom...

best is to follow either the dev mailing list (because devs ask questions about new features),
and the blogpages on planet.qgis.org (because if a feature is finished devs tend to tell it via blogs).

some random things that come to mind:
- multithreaded rendering
- lyr-like functionality
...etc etc (others, plz add...)

Also keep an eye on:
http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/240/
as it will be filled when we reach feature freeze, just like we did for 2.2:
http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/21/  (don't look at the 21 :-) )

and off course: if you want to influence the outcome: join the project :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde