[Qgis-user] Export a vector shapefile to XYZ

Lens Paul paul.lens at gmx.com
Fri Mar 21 01:01:12 PDT 2014

Hello Lester,

I tried converting  a 3D point shapefile using "save layer as" +
GEOMETRY=AS_XYZ (still using QGIS 1.8).
It didn't work but I do not have much time to try again.

Joined to this mail, you'll find a table with some information about the
conversion of 3D GIS/CAD Data.

It's a rough outline, very incomplete. It helps me finding conversion
"routes".

Take care, there may be mistakes.

Perhaps this file could be completed by other QGIS/GRASS user's,
experienced in 3D conversions?

Hope this helps,

Paul