[Qgis-user] Multipoint vs point postgis error

Daniel Kranich daniel at nusalaska.com
Mon Mar 24 17:32:22 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I just recently have converted a bunch of shape files I had been using
into postGIS database tables. A couple of them are giving me major
grief. The problem is that if I create a new point on one of these
layers, it gives me the following error: PostGIS error while adding
features: ERROR: Geometry type (Point) does not match column type
(MultiPoint). I have done much Googling and found nothing on how to fix
this problem. I am fairly new at Postgresql so I kinda get lost when
trying to RTFM.

I could probably create a new table/layer and import the points from my
problem layer, but i'm not sure if that will cause the error to persist.

Thanks for the Help

Daniel