[Qgis-user] QGIS EPANET Integration for hydraulic simulation

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Mar 25 13:12:05 PDT 2014

Hello,

> From Barcelona (Spain) are working to comunicate EPA-NET, EPA-SWMM &
> HEC-RAS with GIS (QGIS, gvSIG and others)
> This tool uses PostGIS!
> More details: http://www.giswater.org/

Yes, we saw the project. Since it is Java-based, it was not really adequate
for a good integration with QGIS.

We worked on QGIS Processing SWMM integration too, but it is not ready yet.
All this work can use any QGIS data source, hence PostgreSQL/PostGIS of
course.

What could be interesting though is collaborating on a water distribution
network model to "standardize" it.
There are a few initiatives already in that field, like in the qwat project
with Denis Rouzaud, which are really complementary to the simulation work.
We intend to work towards that goal in the future.

Do you have a full dataset for EPANET that you could provide and share, so
that we include some test/example dataset with the Processing plugin ? That
would be great.

Vincent