[Qgis-user] can't open file.qgs

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Mar 29 18:22:47 PDT 2014

Running on Windows?

My guess is that if you rename the "file.qgs~" to "file.qgs" & retry it might work...

Note that this will obviously overwrite your existing "file.qgs", but if this is a zero byte file, you aren't losing much.

If it is an ongoing project I suggest a regular backup of the whole project tree - otherwise what can go wrong eventually will...
again...

Cheers,

  Brent Wood