[Qgis-user] OSM import looses a lot of data when creating Spatialite tables

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:56:54 PDT 2014

Running the QGIS OSM utilites to create a Spatialite db, I've noticed that
during the last phase (converting nodes.ways to spatialite tables) a lot of
data got lost.

I tested the Tuscany .osm file [1]

and I extracted a portion of it with osmosis:

toscana.osm.bz2 | ./osmosis --rx /dev/stdin --bounding-box top=43.7908
left=11.2153 bottom=43.7634 right=11.289 --wx "toscana_subset.xml"

which appears to be complete when loaded in JOSM.

Here are the counts on the tables generated by QGIS' OSM utilities:

SELECT count(*) FROM ways
union
SELECT count(*) FROM toscana_osm_polylines

count
----------
221335
568129

More then a half ways are not translated.
An example is: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16236141

Reading the OSM utils source code I thought an error would be raised in
case of problems [2]
but I didn't received any notice.

giovanni

[1]