[Qgis-user] Printing with OSM Tiles

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Nov 2 23:13:16 PST 2014

Hi Phil,

The OpenLayers plugin is a "hack" and not an officially supported way by
QGIS for the loading of OSM data.

I can recommend a different way to load OpenStreetMap tiles - see this
blog post by René-Luc D'Hont:
http://www.3liz.com/blog/rldhont/index.php?post/2012/07/17/OpenStreetMap-Tiles-in-QGIS

That way the data is treated a regular image source and you can print
it. It is not fast and I don't know if QGIS cashes anything, but it
works. Once you added the layer, please do not forget to set the
"Resampling" to Bilinear for "Zoomed in" and "Average" for "Zoomed out"
(see Style tab in the raster layer properties).

Hope this helps,
Andreas