[Qgis-user] Printing with OSM layers

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:31:22 PST 2014

On 03/11/2014 6:15 pm, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 02/11/2014 05:09, Phil (The Geek) Wyatt ha scritto:
>
> > I am on a WIN64 (Home Premium) machine trying to get OSM layers to
print via composer
> > but nothing I do seems to give a result. The maps are always minus the
OSM layers.
> > (or Google or anything from the Open Layers plugin)
> >

> > Am I missing something? Should they print? I am on a very slow internet
connection
> > which doesn't help with rendering these tiles.
> >

> > I have tried with both QGIS 2.2 and 2.6
>
> I think QGIS is simply waiting for the tiles to come through the net.
> Try with a faster connection.
> All the best.

It's not just that - there's a lot of other bugs with the plugin and
composer. Just check the issues list or on gis.stackexchange.

I think the plugin should display a dialog box when loading a layer warning
users that it's not supported for composer. That would avoid a lot of
frustration and wasted time for our users...

Nyall