[Qgis-user] QGIS lines to polygons takes a very long time!

Jonas Sjögren jonas.sjo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:02:52 PST 2014

Hi Ammar,
I was into the same problem some weeks ago, although with another tool,
clipping. My experience was that the QGIS tool (found in the processing
toolbox) required an incredible lot of time, however with correct result.
So my advice is to try another tool for the calculation, i e SAGA or GRASS.
You can read my mail correspondance by searching for 'Clipping tool takes a
lot of time' in the mailing list. Hope this will help you out.
Best regards,
Jonas