[Qgis-user] Excel Prep to how one line per location

Sasa Sullivan sasssaa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:20:05 PST 2014

Hi All,

I need to prep an Excel spreadsheet. Thousands of names and each name with
multiple locations (some with as few as 3 and others with over 30
locations). Is there a way to make a line item for the name (which is only
listed once initially) based on each location?

So If I have Bob Smith row with columns that show his 12 locations can I do
something to automate my spreadsheet to show Bob Smith with each location
on a separate line? There are also other columns that need to be duplicated
but those would remain the same with each line item, only the location
would be made a new line item. Thanks much in advance

Best Regards,

Sasa