[Qgis-user] Android Camera App with compass bearing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 4 13:37:34 PST 2014

Hi,

I have DSLR (Nikon) and a separate GPS logging device from Solmeta
(http://www.solmeta.com/) - so if you can also use a DSLR in your
project, the Solmeta tagger is really excellent and writes everything
directly into the image metadata. It is also a tracking device and
records your positions at regular time interval, no matter if you are
taking pictures or not.

Just wanted to make you aware of this. The compass/clino is probably a
more precise than on a Smartphone.

Andreas