[Qgis-user] Installing in Fedora 20

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Thu Nov 6 04:50:01 PST 2014

Dear Julian!

I am the Fedora maintainer of QGIS. I tried to build it for F22, but it
failed on the build system for some obscure reason. However, we will not
ship 2.6 in F20, just like we didn't ship 2.4. There was some
incompatibility with project files, if memory serves me right. You can
rebuild the packages easily with mock, once the SRPMs are available.

Actually,
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/309/8010309/qgis-2.6.0-1.fc22.src.rpm
may work for you. Please refer to
https://zabbix.org/wiki/Docs/howto/rebuild_rpms for an easy guide.