[Qgis-user] Installing in Fedora 20

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Nov 12 00:01:16 PST 2014

Hi

As of today, QGIS 2.6 for Fedora 19 and Fedora 20 is avaliable through
the repository listed on the download page. Users who already have the
repository configured on their machine will get an upgraded version
whenever they next upgrade their software.

This version is not exactly the same as on other distros. It also
includes some fixes that are considered for a 2.6.1 and solves some
critical crashes.

Regards,
Matthias

On 09.11.2014 17:41, Julian M. Burgos wrote:
> Me too, but 2.6 is not in this repository yet.
>
> Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca writes:
>
>> I've installed qgis desktop and server 2.4 from these instructions
>> https://www.qgis.org/fr/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#fedora
>>
>> using repo fedora.vitu.ch/QGIS/qgis.repo
>>
>> I didn't try if 2.6 was available though
>>

>> Volker Fröhlich <volker27 at gmx.at>@lists.osgeo.org
>> Envoyé par : qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
>> 2014-11-06 07:50

>> qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
>> cc
>>
>> Objet
>> Re: [Qgis-user] Installing in Fedora 20
>>

>> Dear Julian!
>>
>> I am the Fedora maintainer of QGIS. I tried to build it for F22, but it
>> failed on the build system for some obscure reason. However, we will not
>> ship 2.6 in F20, just like we didn't ship 2.4. There was some
>> incompatibility with project files, if memory serves me right. You can
>> rebuild the packages easily with mock, once the SRPMs are available.
>>
>> Actually,
>> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/309/8010309/qgis-2.6.0-1.fc22.src.rpm
>>
>> may work for you. Please refer to
>> https://zabbix.org/wiki/Docs/howto/rebuild_rpms for an easy guide.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Volker
>>

>> On 11/06/2014 01:12 PM, Julian M. Burgos wrote:
>>> Thanks Matthias,
>>>
>>> If there is a Fedora package coming relatively soon, I will wait.
>>> Otherwise, how I would go about compiling it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Julian

Help getting QGIS to the next level of quality before November 15!
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing