[Qgis-user] Switch on only 1 layer of a group

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Nov 13 22:42:32 PST 2014

Click the little '+' sign next to the group name and the group will
open, and then you can turn each layer on or off at will.
When you save that project it should remember which maps in that group
were on or off.

If you change that state and you (or your user) saves the project, then
yes, it's messed up, so are you asking how you can set a "default" state
of which maps are open?
That would be quite useful to have 'snapshots' of a project state, and
be able to call them back, or to force one of these snapshots to be the
default state at project QGIS fire-up time. (Perhaps this could be
implemented by putting a flag in the .QGS file, that is only writeable
by the user that originally set it?)
Regards,
Zoltan

On 2014/11/14 08:33, Andrea Peri wrote:

> Hi, I need to set a qgis project to turn on only 1 layer from a group.
> When a layer is turn on the others should be turn off.
> I guess this is not possibile from group properties, but is possibile
> to set an action to turn off every layer in a group other than the
> actual layer turn on   ?
>
> Thxs,
> Andrea

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za