[Qgis-user] Exporting Fine-Scale Map with Open Layers Imagery

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:46:52 PST 2014

Hi All,

I was trying to export a fine-scale map (total extent ~75m x 75m) that had
Google Satellite layer from the OpenLayers plugin. It took a bit to render
in the map viewer and print composer, but wasn't unreasonable.

However... At that resolution, I haven't been able to export the map from
the print composer in any way (exporting to PDF, image, or Printing to
PDF). Is there a known limitation I'm missing on this front? (The map in
the Composer window just disappears while it processes, but it never seems
to finish).

I'm running QGIS 2.6 64bit on Windows 7. And for what it's worth, the
system resources aren't at their limits at all during this either.

Thanks!
Mike