[Qgis-user] [QGis 2.2] Oracle layer displays too slow

F T oukile at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 07:59:03 PST 2014

Hello

I use to work with QGis and PostgreSQL/Postgis.

But for this project, I have to use an Oracle (11.2 + locator) layer.
I can't put this layer in PostgreSQL / Postgis, no way...

This Oracle layer has 22000 objects (linestring), a spatial index, and it
takes 24 seconds to display the whole layer!
The same layer in PostgreSQL/Postgis takes only 2 seconds to display.

I know PosgreSQL/Postgis is a little better than Oracle/Locator ;)
But the gap is so huge that I may also have an Oracle tuning pb...

Any clue about how to improve this slow display?

Thanks

Fabrice