[Qgis-user] Interpolation not working in UTM projection through Raster menu

Harish harry.om2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 11:48:27 PST 2014

Dear List, I have a shapefile of wells made from .csv table of points using
'Add delimited text layer' plugin with EPSG:4326 projection. I applied
Raster menu>Interpolation tool and it gives fine results using IDW method.
Previously also I have used this tool many times with EPSG:4326 projection.
Seeing the need this time of defining the cell/grid size in meters, I
converted the shape file's projection to UTM (EPSG:32643) but the result is
a raster layer every-time with blank canvas/data.

I tried many times but found same result, and then I tried processing tool
box for interpolation and it worked fine on shapefile with UTM projection,
but during giving inputs in IDW algorithm it is not asking any
cellsize/grid size and giving results with a predefined (perhaps) cell/grid
size.

Am I missing something? Guidance is requested.

Using windows-7, 32 bit, QGIS-2.6 (tried on previous versions also upto
QGIS-1.8)

​Kind Regards​

--
*Harish Kumar Solanki,*
*Assistant ProfessorNational Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati
Raj (NIRD&PR), Jaipur Center*
Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
Chaupal, Near Railway Station
Jaipur -302006
*Geo_Coordinates (Office):* 26.92162 N, 75.78921 E
*Email-* hksolanki at nird.gov.in, harry.om2000 at gmail.com,
*Phone (Office)- *0141-2209904, Fax- 0141-2209905
*Mo.- *09214446732, 09414291732
*Websites-*  http://www.nird.org.in/
                  http://www.osgeo.org/
[image: OSGeo charter.png][image: OSGeo user.png]
*SAVE PAPER - PLEASE THINK BEFORE TAKING PRINT​​*
<http://www.nird.org.in>