[Qgis-user] Export categorized layers

sudeten curt at slavniklabs.com
Mon Nov 24 07:22:48 PST 2014

I am using vector layers (one is shapefile and one is csv).  The csv gives
values for different shapes in the shapefile.  I have them colored as a
thematic map by using properties/style/categorized and choosing the variable
that I need.  Now I need to export the map (just those shapes that have
values and are categorized - not the uncategorized shapes) to a shapefile
and or KML file.

This is very basic GIS stuff -- 1) create thematic map and 2) display
thematic map as a KML layer or a shapefile.  But I have found no way to do
this but many people asking the same question.

Any help here?