[Qgis-user] Importing Google Maps

Brett Adams badams at spinifexgeophysics.com.au
Wed Nov 26 01:17:48 PST 2014

Well, that was embarrassingly easy.

Thanks Joris

From: Joris Hintjens [mailto:jorishin at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2014 4:47 PM
To: Brett Adams
Cc: qgis-user
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Importing Google Maps

install “openLayers plugin. When installed, it will appear under the “web” tab. Choose your layer from there.

greets

Joris

Op 26-nov.-2014, om 08:35 heeft Brett Adams <badams at spinifexgeophysics.com.au> het volgende geschreven:

Folks,

I’m want to bring Google maps, specifically  satellite imagery, into QGIS 2.6.

I’ve been trying to do this using the “Google Maps Engine Connector” plug in.   Is this the best way?

Went to google, got the OAuth 2.0 code, plugged in my Client ID and Client Secret.  It then prompts for the google log in. From there I get the error shown below.

Any ideas where I’m going wrong?  Is there an easier way to bring in the imagery?

We used to be able to bring in Bing imagery also.  Can that be done in 2.6?

Thanks

Brett

<image003.jpg>

Brett  Adams