[Qgis-user] Export WKT using specified projection

Andrew Gillett arganoid at pair.com
Wed Oct 8 05:24:21 PDT 2014

With country border data from NaturalEarth, I'm using Ctrl-C to copy a
selected country and paste it into a text editor in WKT format. However,
I can't find a way to make this use a specific projection. So far the
only way I've found to get the result I need is to first export a shape
file using the desired projection, then reimport the file I've just
exported and copy/paste that. Is there an easier way?