[Qgis-user] Ce terming elevation of a line

Michael S. Contratto contrms at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:11:13 PDT 2014

up vote
2
down vote
favorite
This question may already be answered so please point me in the right direction. I am designing a water distribution system for a rural village in Guatemala. I have created contours for the area. I need to lay out the pipe routes and need to know how to get the elevation of the lines to determine pressure drops in the system. I assume I creat a TIN surface and project my lines onto the surface. So my question is, " How do I do that?" Go from a contour shape file to a polygon surface and the how do I draw the lines and project them onto that surface.

Sent from my iPad