[Qgis-user] Simple Georeference a .png chart

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:56:34 PDT 2014

Hello ALex

> [...]
> But the PDF map is empty... Just a white page. Would be nice if this could
> also work since I hope the file size will be much less then tiff.

This might be a bug but you can postprocess the geotiff as you want.

> Is there no way to keep the page upright as it is and have the variation
> somehow included, so that the chart is not turned?

As long as you can define the original chart CRS in proj4 format (I
guess it can be done but I do not know how) there are several ways.
The easiest one (from my POV): set the project CRS to match the
original chart CRS, enable 'on the fly projection' CRS  transformation
and then use the print composer.

> Is there any plugin where I can upload .pdf files directly without
> converting it into a .tiff and then load it via raster image? Since all my
> charts are delivered in .pdf, this would be very helpfull.

There is support for geopdf but I don't think it's the same thing. And
it doesn't look to work very well (if at all):
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8912

Regards

Goyo