[Qgis-user] QuickOSM, a QGIS plugin to query Overpass

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:06:07 PDT 2014

Salut Etienne

Cool plugin!

There are other Overpass instances around, like http://overpass.osm.ch/api .
So it would be useful to configure them.
I've seen that you have the information put statically into the code at
<user>\.qgis2\python\plugins\QuickOSM\ui\main_window.py

        self.comboBox_default_OAPI.setItemText(0,
_translate("ui_main_window", "http://www.overpass-api.de/api/", None))
        self.comboBox_default_OAPI.setItemText(1,
_translate("ui_main_window", "http://overpass.osm.rambler.ru/cgi/",
None))
        self.comboBox_default_OAPI.setItemText(2,
_translate("ui_main_window", "http://api.openstreetmap.fr/oapi/",
None))

It would be nice to have this in the Parameters section - or at least
as a parameter in osmconf.ini
(<user>\.qgis2\python\plugins\QuickOSM\osmconf.ini)

A2, S.