[Qgis-user] Similar to Coordinate Capture

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Oct 26 18:15:27 PDT 2014

Coordinate Capture plugin allows one to click on the map, hit
the "Copy to clipboard" button, and then use the lat/long on
the clipboard.  I want something similar, but I want to
skip the "Copy to clipboard" button.  Ideally I want to
click on the map and it copies the lat/long to the clipboard,
executes an external script, and puts the result on the map
next to the place clicked.  I can skip the last step if that
is too complicated.

Can that be done with "Actions"?  Or is the Python Console or
some other means a better way to get this done?

Mike