[Qgis-user] How to load a *.qgs file in a C++ QGIS standalone app?

Spartucus niubob at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:52:18 PDT 2014

I'm using QGIS-2.4.0 API to develop a standalone app by C++.
I saved a test.qgs file in QGIS Desktop software, in the project, there was
one layer and it was visible.
Then I loaded the test.qgs project file in app, but there is nothing showed.
Why is that?

The code I'm using to open the project is:
QgsApplication app(argc, argv, true);
QString myQgisDir = "C:\\Program Files(x86)\\qgis2.4.0";
app.setPrefixPath(myQgisDir, true);
app.initQgis();

//The set of mapcavas
QgsMapCanvass *myMapCanvas = new QgsMapCanvas();
myMapCanvas->enableAntiAliasing(true);
myMapCanvas->setCanvasColor(Qt::white);
myMapCanvas->setVisiable(true);

//Open *.qgs project and read
QString myProjectPath = "E:\\QGIS\\Pro\\test.qgs";
Qgsproject::instance()->setFileName(myProjectPath);
bool isRead = QgsProject::instance()->read();    //In Debug mode, isRead
equals TRUE.

Can somebody help me out? Any advice would be appreciated!