[Qgis-user] Adding grass commands to the processing toolbox

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:26:47 PDT 2015

Hi again !

I'm crossposting to qgis-dev since it's becoming more of a dev question...

I found a way to make it work on QGIS 2.8 64 bits (windows).

I've added this file  OSGeo4W64\apps\qgis\python\
plugins\processing\algs\grass\description\v.net.centrality.txt  with this
content :
v.net.centrality
v.net.centrality - Toolset for computing centralities
Vector (v.*)
ParameterVector|input|Neworklayer|-1|False
ParameterString|betweenness|Betweenness field name|betweenness
ParameterBoolean|-a|-a|True
OutputVector|output|Output

And now I've the function right in QGIS's toolbox, and it works perfectly !

However, this doesn't seem to work on Mac (I put the file in the
corresponding folder of QGIS.app, but the tool doesn't appear in the
processing toolbox), any idea why ?
Or is it globally not the way to go (it seems a bit dirty to extend the
toolbox by creating new files in the application folder) ?

Best,

Olivier