[Qgis-user] Styles for Extremely Small-Value Rasters

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:54:31 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I had a raster output from a kernel density estimate I produced in R (using
the adehabitatHR package). I imported the layer to QGIS, and it displays by
default without any issue (Rener type: Singleband Gray).

However, when I try changing this to color (Render type: Singleband
pseudocolor), I can't get the gradient in values to display. Since it is a
Kernel Density Estimate result, the values are all extremely low, covering
a fairly large area. The range of values is 0 to 6.4773e-10. When I either
use the 'Classify' button to set value ranges to specific colors, all of
the values stay at 0.  When I enter the small values into the
classification Value field by hand, the display does not change.

Increasing the values by multiplying the layer makes it feasible and plots
okay, but I'd rather keep values to the originals/not go through an extra
step.

Anybody have success with plotting rasters with extremely small values with
different color ramps?

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks,
Mike