[Qgis-user] Failed to build QGIS on Windows

Paul Gathogo pgathogo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:00:23 PDT 2015

Guys,

Am getting the following link errors when I try to build QGIS with OSGeo
64bit:

7>     Creating library
D:/home/qgis_app/qgis/build64/src/core/Release/qgis_core.lib and object
D:/home/qgis_app/qgis/build64/src/core/Release/qgis_core.exp
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryPropertyA referenced in function "private:
static class QString __cdecl QextSerialEnumerator::getDeviceProperty(void
*,struct _SP_DEVINFO_DATA *,unsigned long)"
(?getDeviceProperty at QextSerialEnumerator@@CA?AVQString@
@PEAXPEAU_SP_DEVINFO_DATA@@K at Z)
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiOpenDevRegKey referenced in function "private: static bool
__cdecl QextSerialEnumerator::getDeviceDetailsWin(struct QextPortInfo
*,void *,struct _SP_DEVINFO_DATA *,unsigned __int64)"
(?getDeviceDetailsWin at QextSerialEnumerator@@CA_NPEAUQextPortInfo@
@PEAXPEAU_SP_DEVINFO_DATA@@_K at Z)
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList referenced in function "private: bool
__cdecl QextSerialEnumerator::matchAndDispatchChangedDevice(class QString
const &,struct _GUID const &,unsigned __int64)"
(?matchAndDispatchChangedDevice at QextSerialEnumerator@@AEAA_NAEBVQString@
@AEBU_GUID@@_K at Z)
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiGetDeviceInstanceIdA referenced in function "private: bool
__cdecl QextSerialEnumerator::matchAndDispatchChangedDevice(class QString
const &,struct _GUID const &,unsigned __int64)"
(?matchAndDispatchChangedDevice at QextSerialEnumerator@@AEAA_NAEBVQString@
@AEBU_GUID@@_K at Z)
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo referenced in function "private: bool __cdecl
QextSerialEnumerator::matchAndDispatchChangedDevice(class QString const
&,struct _GUID const &,unsigned __int64)"
(?matchAndDispatchChangedDevice at QextSerialEnumerator@@AEAA_NAEBVQString@
@AEBU_GUID@@_K at Z)
7>qextserialenumerator.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_SetupDiGetClassDevsA referenced in function "private: bool __cdecl
QextSerialEnumerator::matchAndDispatchChangedDevice(class QString const
&,struct _GUID const &,unsigned __int64)"
(?matchAndDispatchChangedDevice at QextSerialEnumerator@@AEAA_NAEBVQString@
@AEBU_GUID@@_K at Z)
7>D:\home\qgis_app\qgis\build64\output\bin\Release\qgis_core.dll : fatal
error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
7>

What am I missing

regards
pgathogo

--
*Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness*