[Qgis-user] QGIS 64-bit, Processing Toolbox and Grass 7

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:29:38 PDT 2015

There's a crowdfunding campaign[1] underway to get QGIS updated for GRASS 7.

So yes, like Jose pointed out, some of the grass7 tools in processing will
have errors.

You can compile QGIS without any of the cmake options for GRASS, because I
think those are only if you want to have the GRASS plugin (that toolbar).

If you want GRASS 7 in Processing, you can update the providers in the
processing options and also double check that the needed env vars[2][3] for
GRASS exist.

Upgrading the toolbar for GRASS7 support is also part of the crowd funding
too.

[1] http://www.gissula.eu/qgis-grass-plugin-crowdfunding/
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/variables.html
[3]