[Qgis-user] QGIS FreeBSD port and qgis-server

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Sat Apr 18 22:02:23 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am interested in being able to use the qgis mapserver on FreeBSD 10.1.
I enabled the mapserver option via `make config-recursive` and built the
port via `make install`.  I cannot seem to find the fcgi executable in
the build output or in the pkg-plist file. I see
"WITH_MAPSERVER:BOOL=TRUE" being passed into CMakeCache.txt

However, I did notice there is a WITH_SERVER:BOOL=FALSE so I changed
that to TRUE ands rebuilt and could find fcgi executable.

The Makefile refers to a QGIS_MAPSERVER variable in the plist file,
which I also couldn't find.  I added in a line to install the
qgis_mapserv.fcgi binary.

Are there any other files that I need for the fcgi server?

Also, I've copied the package maintainer on this email if, for some
reason, he's not already on this list.

Below are diffs of the changes that I made that may help along the
process of updating the port.

Thank you,
Jim Keener

% diff Makefile.new Makefile.orig
38c38
< OPTIONS_DEFINE=		GRASS POSTGIS PYTHON SERVER
---
> OPTIONS_DEFINE=		GRASS POSTGIS PYTHON MAPSERVER
81,82c81,82
< .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MSERVER}
< CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWITH_SERVER:BOOL=TRUE
---
> .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MMAPSERVER}
> CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWITH_MAPSERVER:BOOL=TRUE
86c86
< CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWITH_SERVER:BOOL=FALSE
---
> CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWITH_MAPSERVER:BOOL=FALSE

% diff pkg-plist.new pkg-plist.orig
4d3
< %%QGIS_MAPSERVER%%bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi