[Qgis-user] batch-saving raster files from QGIS

Torsten Lange torsten.lange at mail.de
Tue Apr 28 04:23:36 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to batch-write some raster files from a project to one common folder using a script. This is my function:

def writeRaster(rasterObj, pathToFile, cols, rows, rasterExtentObj, rasterCRSObj):
 provider = myRaster.dataProvider()
 pipe = QgsRasterPipe()
 pipe.set(provider.clone())
 file_writer = QgsRasterFileWriter(pathToFile)
 file_writer.writeRaster(pipe, cols, rows, rasterExtentObj, rasterCRSObj)

(Its a slightly modified example I found at nullege.com.)

For normal rasters this works just fine, but not for maps (scanned and georeferenced). The map colors are recoded to grey-values, as one could expect. Is there a way to keep the colors? From what I have seen, there is no parameter to handle this in a QgsRasterPipe().

Also, I remember once I tried to create a virtual raster cataloge using these maps. That failed because the maps used different color palettes. I guess they should be in RGB to create the vrt cataloge, shouldn't they?

Thanks for suggestions, Torsten