[Qgis-user] Qgis and PDF maps

Luke Taylor ltaylor at agassist.net.au
Wed Apr 29 15:18:23 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create a geopdf map so that staff can open them on their iPhones in the field using PDF Maps.

PDF maps will "Read geospatial PDF, GeoTIFF, and GeoPDF® maps" however I can't seem to find a quick way to create any of the following (I was hoping to use just the "save image" function.

The save image function does save a tiff file but the PDF reader expects a .tfw and a .prj file which qgis doesn't do when saving. It only creates a .tifw file.

I did mange to create a tif file by opening the saved image and re saving the raster file as a tif. There must be something different between the 'save image' and the 'save as' functions in the way they save a tif file.

Ideally I would like to just use save image and select either PDF or tif and have the associated file extensions there.

Is there a possibility that this can be done in the next version or is there a simple way of making it work.

Regards Luke

Sent from my iPhone

Luke Taylor
AgAssist