[Qgis-user] show labels only, if objects are activated/visible

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 30 01:50:23 PDT 2015

Hi Bernhard,

Yes - we "sort of" have "rule based" labeling with the data-defined
properties and conditions. But for very complex labeling it is a bit
hard to track. The rules are so distributed in different
places/properties that it is hard to get an overview what is really
going on.

I mean the UI of the rule-based symbology is nicer and allows to change
multiple graphical properties of the same rule at once.

There is certainly room for improvements.

A coupling of rendering and labeling would be quite interesting (esp.
for the case Otto is mentioning where users want to selectively
enable/disable rules/categories), I think - but I don't know if it is
technically solvable (or how hard it is).

Andreas